Retaining Walls in Lansing
Cherry Oak Landscaping designs and builds long-lasting, durable retaining walls that are aesthetically pleasing and won't break the bank. Our seasoned hardscaping contractors have established a reputation in the Lansing area for top-grade retaining wall engineering and installation. We offer our clients on-site, personalized consultations and no-obligation cost estimates on every project.
Our contractors have years of experience building walls in a broad array of styles for an equally wide range of applications. Discover what we can do for you and your landscape. Give us a call at (517) 339-2881 today for a quote.
Retaining Walls for All Purposes
Retaining walls are a visually appealing, practical addition to any landscape. While walls are often an ideal solution for eroding soil, they can also serve as a beautiful, eye-catching element for flower beds and raised curbsides.
While the most common application of a retaining wall is to prevent soil erosion, they have additional practical benefits as well, including:
- Providing flood control
- Creating usable, flat space on your property
- Increasing property value
At Cherry Oak Landscaping, we boast a large selection of retaining wall materials, including stone, concrete, and even wood. Thanks to our large product inventory, we can construct walls of varying looks and for differing purposes. Whatever type of retaining wall you envision for your home or business, we're confident we can bring that vision to life.
On-Site Consultations for Retaining Walls
If you're considering a retaining wall on your property, give us a call, risk-free. We'll send a certified landscaper to your doorstep at your earliest convenience. We'll listen carefully to your desires, timeline, and budget. Then, we'll assess the area where you need the wall, taking note of any necessary measurements and site-specific attributes, like your lawn's slope and soil type. From there, we'll share with you our expert advice on the safest, sturdiest material option for your unique needs. Our contractors are seasoned experts with plenty of experience working with wood, brick, and stone. We'll happily help you weigh the cost-benefit of each material. We'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have too.
If you like our ideas, we'll gladly put together a comprehensive cost estimate of the job, should you choose to hire us for the project. We'll breakdown all material and labor charges so you can budget accordingly. You'll be surprised at how affordable our rates are. But don't simply take our word for it—request your quote today and see for yourself.
Retaining Wall Installation
On the day of your service, you can expect our contractors to arrive promptly at the time of your scheduled appointment. We'll arrive in a fully equipped service vehicle, ready to get to work. When we arrive, we'll already have a detailed plan of action in place—we don't waste any time on the job. We'll deploy our crew members with an organized and efficient strategy, taking care to treat your property with the respect and consideration it deserves as we go. From conception to completion, we'll perform every stage of the project with skill and craftsmanship.
The length of time it will take us to finish your retaining wall will vary from project to project, but we'll be sure to provide you with regular progress updates and time estimates along the way. By the way, for longer-term projects, we'll be sure to clean and tidy the job site at the end of each workday for your safety and convenience. And when the project is complete, we'll dispose of all the dirt and debris created during the process. The only thing we'll leave behind is a showstopper of a new retaining wall.
Certified Landscaping Contractors
You can rest assured your landscape is in good hands with our working crew. Our contractors are educated, trained, and certified professionals with a passion for creating sustainable, inspiring outdoor designs. We love what we do, and we make it our mission that every one of our clients loves what we do for them.
To achieve this end, our company enforces strict standards for hardscaping excellence. Not only are we well-versed in local construction codes and regulations, but we also hold ourselves accountable to stringent in-house standards for superior craftsmanship. We refuse to settle for anything but our very best. The bottom line is, if we wouldn't install it on our property, we won't install it on yours.
Choosing Your Retaining Wall Materials
The selection of your retaining wall materials is a fantastic opportunity to add and accent your existing outdoor aesthetic. Our company boasts an amazing supplier network from which we can source building materials of all types, styles, and colors. What's more, our insider connections allow us to offer these premium materials at discounted rates.
Customize your hardscape masterpiece to your unique tastes. When you partner with us, you can choose from:
- Natural stones
- Precast stones
- Treated timber
- Concrete blocks
- Poured concrete
Explore the many options available to you. Ask one of our team members to see our product catalog today.
Long-Lasting Retaining Walls
We do things right the first time around. That's why our retaining walls are built with premium materials and unparalleled precision—we build them to last. Our walls will withstand extreme temperatures and even the heaviest loads.
Our retaining walls deliver superior longevity, often lasting a lifetime with minimal need for repair or maintenance. We attribute the durability of our hardscapes to our attention to detail during the construction process.
Every stage of our installation strategy has a unique purpose. We refuse to cut corners— we'd rather get the job done right than get the job done fast. We take pride in our careful execution of tasks that other contractors often neglect--we compact our trenches, we meticulously sweep each stone, and we always account for the maximum amount of potential rainwater in our drainage plans. Ultimately, we take every precaution to ensure you reap the maximum lifespan and optimal performance from your retaining wall.
Contact Us Today
At Cherry Oak Landscaping, we have a record number of clients that come to us because of our retaining wall design and installation skill. We build robust, strong walls that you can depend on for years to come. Plus, they serve the dual purpose of adding curb appeal to your landscape.
Discover what we can do for you. Book a no-obligation consultation with us today.
Do I Need a Retaining Wall?
Do you need a retaining wall? If you're trying to protect against erosion, you probably do. Cherry Oak Landscaping enjoys providing clients with beautifully built walls that will last for years to come. We have many options available to our clients to cater to everyone's unique taste. To learn more about what we do, look below.
Are Retaining Walls Necessary?
A retaining wall may be necessary depending on your home and yard. Generally, homes on steep inclined or with multi-level landscaping features will need a wall to protect against soil erosion. Think back over the last few months. Have you noticed excess damage or soil loss after a heavy rain? If so, you might be a great candidate for a retaining wall. If you still aren't sure, feel free to call us so we can come take a quick look.
Are There Different Wall Types Available?
For your retaining wall, you'll have two main options. However, your landscape design might require one or the other:
- Reinforced: These models require extra support to bear the full load of the soil behind it. For some wall options, we can use a special mesh called geogrid, which is simply laid during the wall installation process. Larger soil loads may require more support.
- Gravity: These walls rely simply on their own gravity to first the forces of erosion. Using its own weight, the wall will remain sturdy and push back against the soil pressure behind it.
Six Things You Need to Know About Retaining Walls
When it comes to retaining walls, many people feel that they are purely functional or utilitarian in nature. And while their primary purpose is to hold back soil, the fact of the matter is that they also possess a wide range of other attributes.
- They can be designed immediately as multi-use spaces that can create beautiful outdoor designs that are both esthetically pleasing and functionally sound.
- While many people think that retaining walls need to be perfectly straight, the fact of the matter is that an additional curved feature or design can be added for a little more texture.
- Retaining walls can come in all shapes and sizes. This means that you can plan a small wall that is less than four feet in size with minimal engineering work required. Alternatively, a larger retaining wall can also enhance a Lansing garden of any size. However, it is important to remember to check local codes before building one that is more than four feet tall.
- For optimal results, you need to think in terms of terracing. This means our team will always start from a lower grade and build up slowly to reach a greater slope. Doing this in increments will benefit this process.
- As well as offering a more consistent and uniformed look, manufactured blocks and stones are easier to use in the creation of retaining walls. On top of that, these types of blocks also enhance the structural integrity of the wall as well as improving the even and consistent nature of its base. As well as guaranteeing that these points are adhered to, our skilled team will also color match and space out uneven colored stones to ensure the best possible look.
- At Cherry Oak Landscaping, we always guarantee that a solid base is in place before starting on any aspect of the retaining wall. We are very aware that the base will set the tone for the rest of it so that's why it is so important to get it right.
Can You Choose the Materials for the Retaining Wall?
Of course, you can choose the material that fits best within your design and budget. You have the option of wood grains and stones, but each has its own pros and cons:
- Wood: This is your cheapest option and wood grains have wide variety. The natural look fits well in many outdoor settings. However, wood has a short life expectancy, especially with exposure to the elements. You may have to perform a high level of maintenance.
- Segmented Retaining Walls: Also known as SRW, these walls use cement blocks design to fit together. They are particularly suited to gravity walls, but they can be used for heavier loads with the help of geogrid.
- Mortared: As the name suggests, the materials are fused together to create an incredibly sturdy structure that is highly resistant to environmental damage.
Will Retaining Wall Construction Be Affordable?
At Cherry Oak Landscaping, we take what we do very seriously. That is why we always work hard to do our utmost to provide the most client-centered approach to customer service. It is for that reason that we always strive to be as upfront and transparent to all our customers whether they are residential or commercial. One of the most important aspects in this respect is offering affordable prices.
We only give fair prices and we also do a thorough consultation before the start of every project. Before we begin, we will gather the following information:
- The height, width and length of the intended wall
- The surrounding soil type
- The approximate amount of pressure on the wall
- The general slope of the yard
Reach Out to Us Today
Are you ready to start your retaining wall project? If so, then you need to make sure that you have the number one retaining wall construction team in Lansing working for you. With years of expertise catering to the needs of residential and commercial clients, Cherry Oak Landscaping has developed a winning reputation for delivering positive outcomes. By specializing in producing immediate and lasting results, we promise to deliver a comprehensive service that may be envied by many of our competitors but rivaled by very few. So, what are you waiting for? Don't settle for second-rate or inferior landscape construction teams. Instead, Give us a call today and one of our professional team members will be happy to answer any questions you might have. If you fill out our quick contact form, we'll get back to you with more information as soon as possible. When you're ready, we'll schedule your consultation for a time that works for you.